Optimal health care for your pet requires a trust between the your pet, the veterinarian, and you.
Our goal is for you to feel confident and knowledgeable about:
- Your pet’s care while in our hospital
- The skill and knowledge of the people caring for your pet
- The facilities and equipment at East Hill Veterinary Clinic
- Use and administration of medications and treatments at home
We want our clients to know what we do and how we do it. Below are our standards concerning the care of your pets, our patients. For those of you who are looking for a veterinarian, feel free to use these standards as a comparison with other practices.
- Every patient experiencing pain receives adequate medication to alleviate that pain.
- Every patient undergoing a surgical procedure receives pain medications before anesthesia or surgery.
- Any surgery, including elective surgeries (spay and neuter) has the potential to be painful; we do not ignore pain just because a procedure is routine.
- Pain is not a function of economics. We will not hold pain medications in order to make any surgery less expensive. We do use the most economical medications that will be adequate for a given situation.
- Every patient undergoing general anesthesia has an intravenous catheter in place and is on intravenous fluids.
- Patients are always intubated when they have a general anesthetic or heavy sedation.
- Every animal under anesthesia is monitored by a trained staff member from the moment of induction until recovery.
- Regarding surgery:
- Only qualified, licensed Doctors of Veterinary Medicine perform surgery.
- Surgical instruments are never shared between patients. A sterile, freshly opened set of surgical instruments is utilized for every patient.
- Surgery takes place in a separate, enclosed operating room, away from general hospital traffic.
- Surgeons wear new caps, masks, sterile gowns, and sterile gloves any time they perform sterile surgery.
- Sterile individual packaged suture material are used for all internal sutures.
Regarding patient comfort:
- Patients in the hospital have warm, comfortable accommodations with blankets and mattresses.
- All steps are taken to relieve patient anxiety, including anti-anxiety medications and having patients cared for at home whenever possible and appropriate for their condition.
East Hill Veterinary Clinic provides experienced, gentle and compassionate care for all stages of your pet’s life. Our goal is to nourish the human-animal bond through preventive, proactive medicine, surgery and client education.